Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hungry in Hungary

So.. Leisel and I went to Budapest, Hungary. It was pretty much awesome. The first day I ate some really good Goulash. According to the book it is the Hungarian thing to do. So, my picture taking skills were not the best so it doesn't look as good as it was. But it was yummy :) We stayed at a sketchy hostel with "special leaves" painted on the walls. It was called Hotel California. Yup, it was definitely interesting. Life is full of adventures. Yay for adventures. Budapest is a really cool city. There was a cool church. It was called St. Istvan Basilica. It was really cool.
Budapest is really cool city because there are a bunch of monuments. According to the book the Emperor of the Austrian empire came and visited Budapest and asked why there weren't very many monuments in Budapest and then after he left the Emperor of Hungary put up a bunch of monuments everywhere. So now there are monuments everywhere, its pretty awesome.
This is a monument to the Holocaust victims in Budapest.
The above picture is of a guy who helped fight against the Soviets. In my opinion he looks like Teddy Roosevelt. According to the book, Budapest has the second largest synagogue in the world, the largest one being in New York. The Dohany Street Synagogue. It was beautiful! This was the first synagogue that I had been to and I was blown away. It was beautiful. Budapest has a super sweet Parliament building. Here are some more pictures of some awesome places in Budapest. Pretty much Budapest was really awesome. Leisel and I spent a really long time one day at the Szechenyi Baths. It was really really relaxing and I loved it. I didn't get any pictures because I didn't want to get my camera wet or stolen. But this is a picture from google. It's a big picture.... But yeah, I really liked Budapest. It was really cool. I walked A TON! But it was great. There was an amazing Mexican restaurant with Horchata. Delicious. Leisel found me a 4 leaf clover. I've been looking my whole life and Leisel found one without even trying. LAME SAUCE! But yeah, Budapest rocks! I had a lot of fun. I learned a lot of things about Budapest's history. I went to a really interesting and sad museum about Nazi and Soviet rule in Budapest. I found it really interesting. Budapest was really hot and really awesome. I'm super glad that I was able to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment